[Coral-List] Coral Reef Alliance - open position in Hawai'i

Alicia Srinivas asrinivas at coral.org
Wed Nov 8 11:12:04 EST 2017

Dear Coral List,

The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is pleased to announce that we have an
opening for a part-time Research Officer position, based in Maui (or
another Hawaiian island, with the ability to travel intermittently to Maui)..

The position will involve approximately 5-10 hours a week (variable), and
will support our stream restoration project that is currently planned to
finish on January 31st, 2020.

Job posting and application instructions can be found here:
https://coral.org/job-opportunities/research-officer-maui/

CORAL is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to unite
communities to save coral reefs. Working with people around the world—from
fishermen to government leaders, divers to scientists, Californians to
Fijians—CORAL protects our most valuable and threatened ecosystems.

CORAL has more than a decade of experience working in the Main Hawaiian
Islands on coral reef conservation. Currently, our work focuses on our
Clean Water for Reefs Initiative, with an emphasis on preventing land-based
sources of pollution from entering streams and groundwater which eventually
lead to the ocean.

The Research Officer will ensure the development and successful execution
of a monitoring plan that measures the impact of restoration activities
designed to reduce sediment and nutrient pollution in Wahikuli and
Honokōwai streams in West Maui. The minimum required qualifications include
BA/BS degree in physical science-related field, such as geology,
environmental science, fluvial geomorphology and hydrology.

The Research Officer will coordinate data collection activities by various
parties (researchers, government agencies, CORAL staff and local
contractors) and ensure protocols are followed to ensure data quality. They
will work with the Technical Operations Manager (based in Maui) and the
Associate Program Director (based in Oakland, California).

This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing
team working on cutting-edge conservation strategies that will create
lasting benefits for coral reefs in Hawaiʻi and across the globe. There may
be a possibility for employee-status work depending on the candidate’s
interest and skills.

The position will be open until filled, an immediate start date is
preferred.  Please pass on this announcement to exceptional individuals who
you think might be interested in this opportunity!

Thank you,

Alicia

--
*Alicia Srinivas, M.A.*