[Coral-List] Tropic cascades

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 11:18:52 EST 2017

I have a question for listers relating to trophic cascades. I’ve read a few papers on top-down cascades, but are there any studies that have been published on the impacts of coral reef degradation going up the food chain? For example, as coral cover decreases are there expected to be serious implications for meso and apex predators and even other coral reef-dependent sea life like various species of sea turtles?  It seems intuitive that there would be, but I know it doesn’t always work out that way.

Thanks,
Steve Mussman

Sent from my iPad