[Coral-List] Status of Caribbean coral reef after Irma and María???

Patricia González patricia at cim.uh.cu
Thu Nov 30 07:33:47 EST 2017

Dear Ernesto and Miguel:

It is so interesting the things that you comment. Here, in Cuba, at least in western and southcentral part of the country, we don´t saw much bleaching this year. Probably, will be very interesting know if your colonies are able to recover in the next months. If the bleaching event took place because the turbidity and temperature it is no so high, could be that colonies will recover. Please, I really appreciate if you share with us the future of this bleached colonies.

Also, as we had two strong hurricans in the last season in our region (Caribbean) what about produce a general publish of Caribbean regarding with the effects of Irma and Maria in ours coral reefs??? Make sense for you??? What about other Caribbean countries???

Best regards,
Patricia

Dra. Patricia González
Biología y ecología marina