[Coral-List] CRESCYNT Toolbox: Data Cleaning

Ouida Meier omeier at hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 5 19:26:16 EDT 2017

Data handling and management are perennial challenges in science, and data
cleaning is usually ranked as our most laborious and time-consuming piece
of that. The work is typically difficult to document and replicate,
especially when our goals are comprehensive: datasets that are accurate,
machine-readable, human-readable, and computation-ready.

We track some tools and approaches in our latest EarthCube Coral Reef
Science & Cyberinfrastructure Network blogpost - CRESCYNT Toolbox: Data
Cleaning.
https://crescyntblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/crescynt-toolbox-data-
cleaning/

Cheers,
Ouida

Ouida W. Meier, Ph.D.
Data Manager, ‘Ike Wai
ITS - Cyberinfrastructure &
EarthCube CRESCYNT Coral Reef Science & Cyberinfrastructure Network
University of Hawai‘i
http://crescynt.org
https://crescyntblog.wordpress.com