[Coral-List] Internship Positions

jobs at reefresearch.org jobs at reefresearch.org
Thu Sep 14 16:24:01 EDT 2017

   PLEASE POST THESE POSITIONS ON THE CORAL-LIST
   [1]INTERNSHIPS
   CCMI seeks to hire innovative, creative, early career scientists who can
   make great discoveries.
   Please check regularly for new opportunities to join our team.
   FOR MORE INFORMATION LINK TO
   [2]http://reefresearch.org/who-we-are/careers/positions-available/
   The Central Caribbean Marine Institute maintains active field research and
   education  programmes  in  the  Cayman  Islands supported by a team of
   scientists,  educators  and  operations  personnel. We seek versatile,
   energetic,  highly-motivated,  mature  individuals  to work as interns
   supporting our programmes and activities. Our internships are 3-6-month paid
   work experiences for Bachelorâs and Masterâs level early career scientists
   and environmentally aware individuals. The successful candidates will be
   actively  engaged  with  a  vibrant community of visiting and resident
   researchers, educators, and students. All CCMI interns should be highly
   capable college graduates. The work requires strong individuals, willing to
   work 6 days/week under some strenuous conditions, whilst living in a small
   island community. Interns receive a small living stipend, room and board at
   the research station, health insurance and some reimbursement for travel.
   Research  interns support the research program and must have a working
   knowledge of coral reef ecology and conservation to be considered for the
   position.
   Education  interns  assist  with the K-12, college and citizen science
   programmes  and  must  have  a  working understanding of livestreaming
   communications and virtual learning.
   Operations interns must be dive masters with all-around maintenance skills.
   The Field Station Intern assists the manager in all administrative and
   logistical activities related to visiting and resident groups.

To Apply

   Send a single file with your 2-page (max) resume, letter of interest, and
   names of 3 references to [3]jobs at reefresearch.org. Include which internship
   (Research, Education, Operations, Field Station) you are applying for in the
   subject of the email.