[Coral-List] New paper: Cumulative Human Impacts on Brazilian Coral Reefs

Rafael Magris rafael.jcu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 13:10:06 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

In a new paper published online today ( http://www.mdpi.com/1424-2818/
10/2/26/htm), we have mapped the geographical exposure of coral reefs in
Brazil to multiple stressors using remote sensing. We found that *at least*
16% of coral reefs in Brazil are likely to face severe degradation.

We also provided strategic management recommendations according to their
differential susceptibility to be impacted by local and global stressors:
(1) protection; (2) removal or mitigation of local stressors;  (3)
ecosystem change monitoring; and (4) restoration.

Hope you find it useful,

Link for PDF file here:
http://www.mdpi.com/1424-2818/10/2/26/pdf

Kind regards,