[Coral-List] Scripps Pier - Seawater Temp

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 20:02:09 UTC 2018

and I see this:

Atmospheric carbon last year reached levels not seen in 800,000 years

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/08/atmospheric-carbon-last-year-reached-levels-not-seen-800000-years?utm_campaign=news_daily_2018-08-02&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=223004

open-access

And obviously it will continue to go up every year as we continue to emit
like there is no tomorrow.

Lots of other info in this short piece.

I note that it says that "The United States suffered an extreme wildfire
season that burned 4 million hectares and caused more than $18 billion in
damages. The Amazon region experienced some 272,000 wildfires."  Billion
dollars here, billion dollars there, pretty soon you're talking about real
money.  272,000 wildfires?  That's a fair number.

Cheers, Doug

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Douglas Fenner <douglasfennertassi at gmail.com

--

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2018/08/02/the-world-is-losing-the-war-against-climate-change