[Coral-List] Scripps Pier - Seawater Temp

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 3 22:01:48 UTC 2018

Hi Doug,
Losing the war on climate change is not good news for coral reefs, that’s for sure.

Eventually, we will shift away from our dependence on fossil fuels, but only after we pay a heavy price for our hesitancy and decades of inaction. Coral reefs will eventually come back, but I’m betting that many of the current coral reef restoration efforts will have proven to be a waste of time and resources. Just yesterday I listened to a podcast about a grant of $440 million funded by the Australian government in an effort to save the GBR. Great news, but at  the same time that gracious benefactor is enacting policies that move the country in the wrong direction regarding efforts to combat climate change. What’s the point then when in reality it can only be seen as a $440 million public relations campaign? That’s where we are at.  It is very depressing, but what else is there to do but to keep on trying to change hearts and minds?  It sounds like the definition of insanity, but at least we haven’t all been rounded up and put away in some obscure “black site”.   At least not yet!

Regards,
Steve
Sent from EarthLink Mobile mail