[Coral-List] Coral Anniversary Competition Winners

Tom Roberts tom at skyeinstruments.com
Thu Aug 16 16:01:26 UTC 2018

Skye Instruments Ltd is pleased to announce that it has now selected 3 winners as part of a previously posted coral anniversary competition!

One of the winners, Suzanne Mills and her Research Team, was selected for her enthusiastic application and interesting proposed topic looking at the impacts of artificial light on coral reefs! She found the competition through coral-list and it only seemed fair to spread the good news with you all. They will be receiving an underwater light sensor and logging meter.

The second winner we selected is the Coral Reef Alliance. Their proposed project will look into the impacts of surface runoff on coral reefs and potential ways this could be controlled. We identified their application as a winner because of their 'outside of the box' approach to coral protection by identifying broader influences on coral ecosystems. They will be receiving 2 weather stations.

Finally, our third winner is a researcher who will look into the impacts of shade on coral. We loved the unusual approach to coral protection they had proposed and we are looking forward to hearing about how this research goes! They will also be receiving a light sensor and meter.

Feel free to keep an eye on our social media channels for regular updates about our winners!

Thanks,

Tom Roberts