[Coral-List] Internship at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab

Dottie Byron dbyron at disl.org
Fri Aug 17 16:32:44 UTC 2018

Hi all,
We have an internship opportunity with Dr. Ken Heck at the Dauphin Island
Sea Lab that we are looking to fill quickly. Please post/circulate to
interested students/recent graduates.

*Opportunity Description:* The Heck Lab at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab is
looking for an intern to help conduct submerged aquatic vegetation (SAV)
research along the Northern Gulf of Mexico. We are looking to fill this
position quickly with the intern starting on or before September 15th,
2018. The duration of the internship is 6 months, with a possible extension
and/or advancement depending on performance and funding.
Interns will be required to participate in field-based activities primarily
associated with an NSF-sponsored collaborative research project exploring
the broader effects of marine grazing and tropicalization on Western
Atlantic seagrass beds. Field research will be primarily in St. Joseph Bay,
Florida which will require bi-weekly overnight trips with some trips
characterized by long days of physically demanding field work and
potentially arduous conditions.
*Required Experience:* Recent graduates (<1 year post undergraduate degree)
are preferred. This internship is available to U.S. citizens and residents
only.

Applications are due August 29th, 2018. More information and the
application can be found at
https://www.disl.org/about/employment/marine-ecology-lab-internship