[Coral-List] STINAPA Bonaire in Open Standards Workshop for Determining Conservation Targets Bonaire National Parks

Anouschka van de Ven communications at stinapa.org
Thu Aug 30 17:36:36 UTC 2018

Small amendment in the press release, please use this version for
publication, thanks.

Anouschka van de Ven
Communications Coordinator

STINAPA Bonaire
Barcadera z/n
Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
T: +599 - 717 8444

mail:communications at stinapa.org
www.stinapa.org
www.facebook.com/bonaire.stinapa

—

From:  Anouschka van de Ven <communications at stinapa.org>
Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2018 09:48:18 -0400
To:  STINAPA Bonaire <info at stinapa.org>
Subject:  STINAPA Bonaire in Open Standards Workshop for Determining
Conservation Targets Bonaire National Parks

STINAPA Bonaire Open Standards Workshop for Determining Conservation Targets
Bonaire National Parks

STINAPA is working on a 10-day workshop on 'Open Standards' for nature
conservation together with partners and stakeholders on Bonaire.

Supported by WWF, STINAPA is working diligently for these two weeks to
identify the key issues, opportunities and threats that we encounter in our
protected areas. Through the Open Standards method we learn how to deal with
this, by finding a balance between what is needed to protect nature and how
sustainable use can be supported.

All STINAPA employees are involved in the workshop, as well as STINAPA board
members; and many partners and actors around us have been invited: the
government, nature NGOs, fishermen, companies, tour operators, hotel-and
tourism associations, Coral Restoration Foundation, Harbor Master and many
others.

STINAPA is looking for clear plans and realistic solutions that are
supported by a broad alliance of different people and organizations that
have specific knowledge and expertise about the habitats, culture and
customs of Bonaire, and all have a share in the national parks of Bonaire.

Cooperation and integrated approach are needed, and joint efforts are
welcomed on our island to serve our natural resources, our economy and our
community.

STINAPA staff and management are grateful for the time and effort that
partners and stakeholders put into this important workshop and thus support
the objectives and activities of STINAPA.

https://stinapabonaire.org/stinapa_news/stinapa-bonaire-open-standards-works
hop/

mail:communications at stinapa.org
www.stinapa.org