[Coral-List] New book: Histological Techniques for Corals

Esther Peters estherpeters at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 21:18:21 UTC 2018

Hello All,

We are delighted to announce the publication of Histological Techniques
for Corals, a laboratory manual containing the coral tissue sample
processing and histoslide preparation methods  that many of you have
been inquiring about!

This e-book is now available online at Amazon, Baker & Taylor, Barnes &
Noble, and Bibliotheca.

Amazon and Barnes & Noble links are here: books2read.com/u/boZP19

We hope this information will be helpful, not only to those who have
developed their own methods but also to newcomers to the field. The
ability to combine classical histotechniques with molecular
identification protocols (using, for example, immunohistochemistry, in
situ hybridization, and laser-capture microdissection) will improve our
understanding of the biochemistry and physiology of the coral holobiont,
as well as link each genotype to phenotype and advance coral disease
diagnoses. Much remains to be explored using microscopy!

Kathy L. Price and Esther C. Peters

---