[Coral-List] [EXTERNAL] Re: Yes, the Octopus Is Smart as Heck. But Why?

Susan White susan_white at fws.gov
Tue Dec 11 18:41:57 UTC 2018

It is suggested that the cephalopods bodies ARE their minds.  Pretty
amazing!
Recommend reading “Other Minds, the octopus, the sea, and the deep origins
of consciousness” by Peter Godfrey-Smith.  While not a peer-reviewed
scientific publication, it’s well put together (with a referenced “Notes”
section) and entertaining.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/books/review/other-minds-peter-godfrey-smith.amp.html

https://us.macmillan.com/books/9780374227760

Susan White