[Coral-List] Subject: Yes, the Octopus Is Smart as Heck. But, Why?

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 04:01:38 UTC 2018

An older book that reviews cephalopod behavior is:
      Hanlon RT, Messenger JB  (1996)  Cephalopod Behavior.  Cambridge
University Press.  232 pp.
Cheers,  Doug

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 1:37 PM David Fisk via Coral-List <

> Following on from this thread, I really enjoyed this book if some of you
> might want to delve deeper into the subject - "Other MInds: The Octopus and
> the Evolution of Intelligent Life", by Peter Godfrey-Smith (2016).  Dave

Douglas Fenner
Ocean Associates, Inc. Contractor
NOAA Fisheries Service
Pacific Islands Regional Office
Honolulu
and:
Consultant
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

Global warming will happen faster than we think.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07586-5

Nations falling short of emissions cuts set by Paris climate pact, analysis
finds

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/nations-falling-short-emissions-cuts-set-paris-climate-pact-analysis-finds?utm_campaign=news_daily_2018-11-28&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2515903

Climate change poses major threat to the US, new government report concludes

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/climate-change-poses-major-threat-us-new-government-report-concludes?utm_campaign=news_daily_2018-11-26&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2511504