[Coral-List] Fwd: exotic or invasive? introduction of Caribbean acroporiids to the pacific

Damien Beri beridl at g.cofc.edu
Tue Dec 18 16:47:46 UTC 2018

With respect to species re-introduction of Caribbean Acroporiids to the
Pacific I received some intiresting responses:

-they would not survive cooler and more turbid waters.
-they would create sterile hybrids with native Acroporiids
-they would suffer the same fate they currently are experiencing since the
pacific is subject to the same pressures

I haven’t heard anything on whether they would be predated more frequently,
suffer disease, or anyone who has actually tried raising the corals
alongside pacific corals.

I am still seeking some ideas. Thanks.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 11:39 AM Vassil Zlatarski via Coral-List <