[Coral-List] FW: Footprint calculator and coral troubles

Paul Muir paul.muir at qm.qld.gov.au
Mon Feb 12 19:41:45 EST 2018

Well....at the risk of outrageous self-righteousness I have to say (well, gloat!) that my wife and I have been ~carbon neutral for ~17 years and it's not that hard. We did this on a modest budget and it has actually saved us money.  Having a modest lifestyle, no children and living off-grid with a large area of forest for offsets certainly made it easier but with the current tech that is available, even being semi-C neutral is not a big ask - but there is an incredible mental block in people to believe it is possible. It seems that people (and humanity in general) now have the technology and means to become low-C but somehow the barrier seems to be psychological. The more people that can show it is actually possible without major changes in lifestyle the better.
The only negative with being low-C is a tendency to become quite self-righteous!

PAUL MUIR