[Coral-List] 1 Month Left for IMCC5 Abstract Submission!

Matthew Tietbohl matthew.tietbohl at kaust.edu.sa
Fri Feb 16 10:45:25 EST 2018

Hello Corallist folks!

I hope this finds you all well! Below is a message regarding the deadline
for abstract submission for IMCC5, the premier marine conservation meeting!
If your work relates at all to marine conservation, I highly recommend you
consider submitting an abstract soon! :)

ONE MONTH LEFT TO SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT FOR THE 5th INTERNATIONAL MARINE
CONSERVATION CONGRESS (IMCC5)

24 June – 29 June 2018

Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia (KCH)
Themed: *“Making Marine Science Matter”*

The Society for Conservation Biology’s Marine Section (SCB Marine) invites
you to attend the 5th International Marine Conservation Congress (IMCC5),
which will be held *June 24 – 29 2018 in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia*
(Airport code: KCH). Abstract submission is now open
<https://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/registration/call-for-abstracts/> with
one month remaining to submit an abstract *until 23:59 (NDT) on March 16th*!

IMCC is a biennial meeting organized by SCB Marine. IMCC brings together
more than 1,000 marine scientists, professionals, stakeholders, and
students from around the world. The 2018 IMCC will feature sessions on
widely ranging topics, including tourism, marine protected areas,
fisheries, communication, sustainable seafood, climate change, endangered
species, citizen science, public engagement and much more
<https://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/about/71-research-questions/>. The
theme of IMCC5, *Making Marine Science Matter*, reflects our focus on
applying scientific research to conservation and sustainability. IMCC5 will
also feature the *OceansOnline* initiative, a full day dedicated to the
uses of communication and online resources for marine conservation, on *29
June 2018*. To represent the diversity of people involved in marine
conservation efforts around the globe, we’ve also sought to include events
to help represent this diversity of peoples, such as the 1st International
Marine Kids Conference
<https://imcc2018.wordpress.com/2018/02/08/the-1st-international-marine-kids-congress/>
and Make for the Planet Borneo
<https://www.makefortheplanet.com/the-event-borneo/>. You can find more
information about our initiatives and special programs at
http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/!.

If you have any questions, please contact the meeting chairs. We hope to
see you all there!

Sincerely,

*Matthew Tietbohl*

IMCC5 Marketing Committee Chair

IMCC5 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/imcc2018

IMCC5 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IMCC2018/

IMCC5 on WordPress: https://imcc2018.wordpress.com/

OceansOnline on Twitter:https://twitter.com/oceansonline

OceansOnline on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OceansOnline2016/

--

Matthew Tietbohl <https://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/tietbohl.aspx>,
MSc Marine Science
PhD Candidate
Reef Ecology Lab <http://reefecology.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Red Sea Research Center <http://rsrc.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/Home.aspx>
Building 2, Level 2, West Wing, Desk# 2206-WS03
PO Box 3374
4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 23955-6900
Mobile Phone: +966 (0) 540 517549
(Matthew.Tietbohl at kaust.edu.sa)
<><   <><   <><
International Marine Conservation Congress (IMCC5
<http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/>) Communications Chair
Society for Conservation Biology Marine Section
<http://conbio.org/groups/sections/marine> Communications Committee
Twitter: @WhyOceansMATTer <https://twitter.com/WhyOceansMATTer>
            @ReefEcologyLab <https://twitter.com/ReefEcologyLab>

--