[Coral-List] Assistant/ Associate Professor
sergey_dobretsov at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 23:36:32 EST 2018
Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in Fisheries Management and Ecology
The College of Agricultural and Marine Sciences at Sultan Qaboos University, the national University of the Sultanate of Oman, provides a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and extension activities. All instruction is in English and an earned PhD is a minimum requirement for academic appointments. The University is located near the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive tax-free base salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care, including a hospital and family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children, 60 days annual leave with return air tickets and rolling two and three-year contracts. General information about the University and the College is available on the university’s Homepage http://www.squ.edu.om. The College has a vacancy for academic staff in the Department of Marine Science and Fisheries https://www.squ.edu.om/agr/Departments/Marine-Science-and-Fisheries for the academic year 2018/2019.
The Department of Marine Science and Fisheries is seeking a candidate to teach and conduct applied research in the field of fisheries management and ecology. Experience in teaching and research in fisheries management would be a distinct advantage. The appointee would be expected to do research and teach as well as develop courses related to Fisheries Management and other areas related to his/her expertise at undergraduate and postgraduate levels..
• Develop and teach courses in Fisheries Management and other areas related to his/her expertise including introductory and advanced courses..
• Supervise undergraduate and post-graduate students
• Develop a research program in Fisheries Management and other areas related to his/her expertise. The candidate is expected to work as part of an inter-disciplinary research team and to conduct joint research in his/her field nationally and internationally
• Provide community service to the general public and the official institutions through public presentations, field demonstrations, technical training, extension and workshops.
• Ph.D. in Fisheries or related field, from a reputable university.
• An established record of successful grant applications and peer-reviewed research publications.
• Significant experience in teaching, particularly developing courses and supervising students.
Further Details: Dr. Wenresti Gallardo, Head, Department of Marine Science and Fisheries, College of Agricultural and Marine Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 34, Al-Khod 123, Sultanate of Oman
Phone: (+ 968) 2414 3750, Fax: (+ 968) 2441 3418, Email: gallardo at squ.edu.om, Cc: wggallardo at gmail.com
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter including a statement of interest, a detailed curriculum vitae with the list of publications and names and addresses of three referees to:
Department of Marine Science and Fisheries
College of Agricultural & Marine Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
PO Box 34,
Email: gallardo at squ.edu.om
Cc to: cams at squ.edu.om
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 28th of February 2018 will receive priority consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Dr. Sergey Dobretsov
Director, Centre of Excellence in Marine Biotechnology, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman
Marine Biotechnology Conference in Oman
More information about the Coral-List