[Coral-List] Coral-List Digest, Vol 119, Issue 8

Naum, Catherine catherine.naum1 at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 00:21:07 EDT 2018

Due to popular demand - we are excited to announce:
The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies'
2018 'Coral Reef Futures' Public Forum will be webcast via Facebook Live this Thursday, 19 July 2018, 6PM (Australian Eastern Standard Time)/9AM (BST)

The one hour event is hosted by popular media presenter, Adam Spencer, and features engaging talks from five of our science communication stars!

Do the numbers add up for the future of coral reefs? 1.5, 2, 11, 93? Can fish adapt? How to take the pressure
off sharks? What's in the twilight zone of reefs? Does seagrass matter? Join us and find out!

This event is for everyone: the general public, teachers and school children (10+), as well as scientists, resource managers and policy-makers.

****Do you have a question you'd like to pose to the panel?****

We invite you to submit your coral reef science questions in advance by following these steps:

(1) Open a web browser
(2) Go to www.slido.com
(3) Enter the event code: #CORAL18

Here, you can also vote for your favourite question. Up to 10 questions will be delivered to the panel on the night. Join us!

More info: https://www.coralcoe.org.au/crs_event/coral-reef-futures-symposium-2018
Program: https://www.coralcoe.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Public-Forum-2018-web.pdf

Please also follow all the science and news, and engage with us on Twitter via #CORAL18

Cheers,
Catherine Naum, MSc
Communications Manager

ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Bldg 32, Room 107
James Cook University, Townsville QLD 4811
(Office hours: Tues - Fri)

P: +61 (0) 7 4781 6067 (AEST, +10 UTC)
M: +61 (0) 428 785 895
W: http://www.coralcoe.org.au/