[Coral-List] request for coral datasets

Afreen Hussain bsahu at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jul 27 10:18:25 EDT 2018

Hello all,
        I am Afreen Hussain, a Ph.D. student from India, currently working with Dr.Maria Beger in the University of Leeds. We are working on a project to develop a "Coral reef resilient index for India and surrounding regions".
Therefore, we need datasets with coral abundance, or coral's species presence-absence and their geographical location (lat, long) from regions like Sri Lanka, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Myanmar, Maldives, Oman.

I would request data contributors from the various regions. Our outcomes will be published by the British Council and DST, India, but we also aim to publish a peer-reviewed paper. As a data contributor, we will invite you as co-author in the resulting publication.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Afreen

Afreen Hussain,
SRF, Biological Oceanographic Division,
CSIR National Institute of Oceanography,
Dona Paula, Goa-403004
India.