[Coral-List] Ocean science storytelling event in DC

Shane M Hanlon hanloc2107 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:37:42 EDT 2018

I wanted to let all those in the DC area know about an upcoming
science-performance event with possibly special relevance to folks in this
group.

The Story Collider is all about telling true, personal stories about
science, live on stage. Join us for our June show in DC and dive into five
true, personal stories inspired by the ocean. From a hostage situation
interrupting field work to being called by a family connection to the
water, hear how the ocean has flowed through the lives of our storytellers.

Stories by:

* Teresa Carey, US Coast Guard captain and Science and Social Media Fellow
at PBS NewsHour

* Ximena Escovar-Fadul, Cuba Program Manager at The Nature Conservancy

* Kahlil Kettering, Urban Conservation Director at The Nature Conservancy

* Nancy Knowlton, Sant Chair for Marine Science at the Smithsonian’s
National Museum of Natural History

* Emi Okikawa, RAY Conversation Fellow at Ocean Conservancy

More info and tickets here: http://tinyurl.com/ya9cvdau

Please send questions to shane at storycollider.org