[Coral-List] [Cnidarian-dinoflagellate-symbiosis] genetic connectivity of Symbiodinium individuals within a single colony

TAMAR GOULET tlgoulet at olemiss.edu
Mon Jun 18 23:44:10 EDT 2018

Thomas,

We used total genome DNA fingerprinting and found only one Symbiodinium clone within an octocoral species.

Goulet, T.L. and M.A. Coffroth, Genetic composition of zooxanthellae between and within colonies of the octocoral Plexaura kuna, based on small subunit rDNA and multilocus DNA fingerprinting. Marine Biology, 2003. 142(2): p. 233-239.

Goulet, T.L. and M.A. Coffroth, Stability of an octocoral-algal symbiosis over time and space. Marine Ecology Progress Series, 2003. 250: p. 117-124.

Tammy

Dr. Tamar L. Goulet
Professor
Department of Biology