[Coral-List] Visiting Asst. Professor of Marine Ecology and Invertebrate Zoology, Old Dominion, Norfolk, Virginia

Daniel Barshis barshis at hawaii.edu
Fri Jun 22 12:53:44 EDT 2018

Hi All,
      Please see the ad below which might be of interest to some of you.
Coral reef ecologists and invertebrate biologists are particularly
encouraged to apply.
Many Thanks,
dan

       The Department of Biological Sciences at Old Dominion University
invites applications for a non-tenure track, Visiting Assistant Professor
position in Marine Ecology. The start date for this position is August,
2018 for a 10 month appointment (one academic year), with a possible
extension to a second year. We seek applicants with a Ph.D. in marine
ecology or a related field and strong quantitative skills. The successful
candidate is expected to be an effective teacher, and will offer a
lecture/laboratory course in marine ecology or invertebrate zoology during
the fall and spring semesters along with an advanced undergraduate/graduate
course within their area of expertise. The successful candidate must also
participate in our M.S. and Ph.D. graduate programs and engage in
collaborative research with one of our research-active faculty who will
serve as a faculty mentor. Applicants may identify and communicate with a
potential research-active faculty collaborator (for our faculty directory
see: http://www.odu.edu/biosci/directory ).

    To apply, submit a curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching
interests, and the contact information for three references electronically (
https://jobs.odu.edu). Further information can be requested from the Search
Committee Chair (Dr. Mark Butler at marinebio at odu.edu). The closing date
for this job search is June 30, 2018. Review of applicants will begin
shortly thereafter and continue until the position is filled.

     Located in Norfolk, Virginia, Old Dominion University is a doctoral
research extensive institution with approximately 25,000 students. The
Department of Biological Sciences has a vigorous graduate program with over
100 students. ODU and the College of Sciences are committed to inclusive
excellence, recognizing that diversity enhances and enriches our
educational mission, employment experience, and community engagement. We
seek candidates whose research, teaching, and/or service experiences have
prepared them to fulfill our commitment to inclusion.

     All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
or veteran status. Old Dominion University is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action institution.

--

  Daniel Barshis, Ph.D.
  Assistant Professor