[Coral-List] Free coral reef and sustainability lecture - attend or live-stream
ben.lynch at imarest.org
Mon Mar 19 05:33:55 EDT 2018
The IMarEST is pleased to invite you to a free lecture on coral reefs, climate change and conservation as part of our prestige Stanley Gray lecture series.
There is an option to attend in London on the 9th April 2018, or sign up to the live-stream to be watched anywhere in the world.
The lecture, presented by Professor James Crabbe will cover the following:
- Can coral reefs survive in the face of ever-increasing global warming and environmental stress?
- The impact of climate change on coral reefs and why we should care about them
- Reefs in the Caribbean and in the Indo-Pacific; effects of environmental stress, adaptation and evolution in extreme environments and how that can help us understand climate change mitigation
- Moving from science to conservation, and some of the latest modelling of geoengineering and solar radiation management
- What we can do to help reefs become resilient and survive in the future
The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology
This message was scanned by IMarEST and is believed to be clean.
More information about the Coral-List