[Coral-List] Getting old ...

Nohora Galvis icri.colombia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 16:24:31 UTC 2018

Dear all,
We are in the #MonthOfTheReef during #IYOR2018 reflecionating why there is
still use of potable water for sewage water that goes directly to the
reefs.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ukSH8Ds3E

Regarding recent posts on healthy  natural coral reefs and reflection of
the age" perspective. The 5th of November was my birthday and I celebrated
by not accepting an invitation to a meeting in San Andres Island. Not just
because the sponsor was a petroleum company but because the main threat to
the coral reef there is massive tourism and sewage water going directly to
the reefs. The focus of the government is to fund restoration "breaking
coral colonies" without solving the causes of degradation.

--
Cordial saludo,

Nohora Galvis

Directora Observatorio Pro Arrecifes
Fundación ICRI Colombia
Coordinadora Red Internacional de Observadores Voluntarios del Arrecife

Facebook.com/ICRI.COLOMBIA
Twitter @ArrecifesCoral e @ICRIcolombia