[Coral-List] Ocean technology contest mentors needed

Shanee Stopnitzky entropy at ucsc.edu
Wed Nov 14 19:42:04 UTC 2018

Hi all,

We are recruiting for paid scientist mentors for an ocean technology
contest that will be run by Hackster - an online community of hardware and
software developers. The Impact contests run by Hackster are designed to
encourage the community to work on projects of environmental concern, and
this contest will focus on marine conservation.

The role of the contest mentors is to help define the essential issues that
teams should address, ensure that the technologies proposed by the teams
are scientifically relevant, provide input and support to project teams
during development, prototyping and execution phases, and provide practical
resources to the teams like access to databases. We expect a ~5hr
contribution per month over six months of the contest.

You can find more information here about the mentorship program here:
https://goo.gl/NYLMtR

and the application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/WgLWd5hF267aBhRk2

We ask that applicants have a minimum of some postgraduate training, but
will be selecting a diversity of career levels and affiliation types.

Thank you for your interest!

With best wishes,
Shanee Stopnitzky
hackster.io

'The fact remains that political frontiers are impervious to our verbal
cultures, while the substantially nonverbal civilization of playfulness
crosses them with the happy freedom of the wind and the clouds.' ~ Primo
Levi