[Coral-List] ISRS - nominations for 3 officer posts and 6 council members invited

Rupert Ormond rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:55:14 UTC 2018

Dear Coral-Listers,

I trust you will not mind if I use the list to remind ISRS members that
elections are now due for three of the society's five officer positions
- Vice-President, Corresponding Secretary, and (as a result of the
recent tragic loss of Ruth Gates) for President - and for six directly
elected Council members (out of 12), to serve for 4 years from January 2019.

Nominations or inquiries are invited for these positions and should be
sent by email to me, as current corresponding secretary
(rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com), preferably by the end of this month (and
in any case by Sunday 9th December, 2018).

Nomination may be made either by the candidate themselves, or by a
separate proposer, and should be countersigned by a seconder. The
candidate, proposer and seconder must however all be paid-up members of
the Society.

The nomination takes the form of a Short Letter (simply a few lines
stating that you wish to nominate yourself or another person).

MEMBERS ARE URGED TO PLEASE CONSIDER ASSISTING THE SOCIETY BY PROPOSING
A COLLEAGUE OR THEMSELVES AS A CANDIDATE. And of course non-members are
encouraged to join or re-join.

with thanks,

Rupert Ormond

retiring Corresponding Secretary, International Society for Reef Studies