[Coral-List] no binary attachments on coral-list

Mike Jankulak - NOAA Affiliate mike.jankulak at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 30 17:08:30 UTC 2018

I think it's time for a reminder about this issue on the list, as I've seen
three messages rejected just this week because of attached images. I note
where I haven't posted a reminder like this since June of 2016 so I figured
this might be useful.

The issue is summarized pretty well on this excerpt from our information
page:

No Binary Attachments.

At present, Coral-List is an entirely plain-text medium. Posts with
attachments, such as images, PDF documents, or even small logos included in
an email footers, will usually be rejected by our software and the author
will be asked by the moderators to re-submit their message without
attachments. This is partly to make it easier to keep our mailings malware-
and virus-free, and partly to reduce the burden on our subscribers' email
quotas. Note, too, that most fancy formatting (fonts, sizes, styles,
bullets, tables, etc.) is auto-converted to plain text before posting.

The complete Coral-List Info page can be found here: