[Coral-List] State of world's oceans

Charles Birkeland charlesb at hawaii.edu
Sat Oct 6 15:12:11 UTC 2018

I obtained the abstracts of chapters in a set of books I feel would be
interesting to you all. This is just a heads up; I am not selling anything.
Charles Sheppard (editor) has already produced a number of books on coral
reefs, but the latest 3-volume, 109-chapter, 2516-page review of the
present ecological state of all the world’s oceans, seas and watersheds
must be his magnum opus. There is a lot of information on coral reefs
around the world, but the volumes also include information on the polar
seas and inland seas such as the black sea. Volume 2 is a detailed review,
broken down into regions, including maps and updated information on
environmental issues, of the Indian and Pacific Oceans, except the eastern
Pacific. Volume 1 is everywhere else in the world, including the west coast
of the Americas.  Volume 3 is on global issues. You might like to browse
the titles, authors, and abstracts of the chapters found at the following
websites.

Vol 1

https://www.sciencedirect.com/book/9780128050682/world-seas-an-environmental-evaluation

Vol 2