[Coral-List] Fwd: Roy R. "Robin" Lewis III, environmentalist with close ties to Tampa Bay, dead at 74 | tbo.com

William Precht william.precht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:00:08 UTC 2018

To all,

It is with great sadness that I pass along the news of the passing of Roy
“Robin” Lewis III.

Robin was a leader in the field of both seagrass and mangrove restoration.
Much of what we know in both fields today we owe to the work Robin produced
throughout his storied career.

He was a gifted scientist, educator, mentor, restoration practitioner, and
committed environmental advocate.  His passion for the tropical coastal
environment, dedication, kind demeanor, and his love of sharing what he
knew will always make him unique and special.

In addition, his commitment to excellence, to understanding the the science
and “getting the science right” is something we should all strive to
accomplish in our careers. I feel extremely fortunate that early in my
professional career I was able to work side-by-side with Robin on some
truly amazing projects. Robin’s influence on my career was profound as I’m
sure it was on many scores of others world-wide.

Robin will be sorely missed but never forgotten!

I have enclosed a link to a Tampa Tribune article below that details many
of his professional activities and accomplishments.

With peace and sadness,

Bill Precht

http://www.tampatrib.com/news/obituaries/Roy-R-Robin-Lewis-III-environmentalist-with-close-ties-to-Tampa-Bay-dead-at-74_172403503