[Coral-List] Ruth Gates

Braverman, Irus irusb at buffalo.edu
Tue Oct 30 02:41:32 UTC 2018

Dear coral community,

I am an outsider to this community and so I wasn’t sure if it was my place to write this listserv to share my immense sadness about the tragic passing away of Ruth Gates a few days ago. Despite the fact that I met Ruth in person for only one day, her presence has lingered with me and greatly inspired my writing. She was such a strong and joyous person, and her work so important, that it is incomprehensible that she is no longer here.

יהי זכרה ברוך

Irus

+++
Dr. Irus Braverman
William J. Magavern Faculty Scholar
Professor of Law & Adjunct Professor of Geography
University at Buffalo School of Law, The State University of New York
Faculty website: http://www.law.buffalo.edu/faculty/facultyDirectory/BravermanIrus.html
Check out my forthcoming book: Coral Whisperers: Scientists on the Brink, https://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520298859