[Coral-List] Save the date - Intl. Scuba Diving Sustainability Workshop - 19-21 October

Alex Brylske brylske at me.com
Fri Sep 14 16:07:17 UTC 2018

The seeds have been planned many times. In fact, I even conducted DEMA-sponsored seminars in the past on issues such as sustainability and how divers affect coral reefs. But that was ten years ago! Afterwards, nothing but crickets from the dive industry. There are now efforts underway to target the industry—such as Laurie Wilson and Chloe Harvey organizing a sustainability “think tank” at this year’s DEMA—but I’m now certain the demand for change must come primarily from consumers, not the industry. I’d also emphasize that this is the North American dive industry. It appear that Asia and Europe already “get in."

Alex

Alex Brylske, Ph.D.
President
701 Spanish Main Dr. #327