[Coral-List] Disruptive science?

Ogden, John jogden at usf.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:21:31 UTC 2019

Thanks to John W for this intriguing question.  Three things come
immediately to mind: (1) Odum and Odum's (1966) paper on measuring the
metabolism of an in situ reef at Enewetak; (2) the many studies showing
the role of herbivores in coral reef ecology; (3) the demonstration of
the role of "top down" control of coral reef communities by predators.
JO

--

-----

John C. Ogden, Ph.D.