[Coral-List] Master of Philosophy at the University of Belize - Application open now!

Anna M Weiss anna.weiss at utexas.edu
Thu Aug 1 18:54:41 UTC 2019

Hello everyone!

The University of Belize has a new Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) program,
and colleagues and I at the Environmental Research Institute
<http://www.uberibz.org/> are looking for students that would be interested
in working with us.

This is a thesis-focused program where students will learn through their
research about reef ecology, invertebrate biology & reproduction, geology,
conservation, data analysis and scientific writing. *By the end of the
degree, students will have submitted one first-authored, peer-reviewed
manuscript for publication.*

Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree with Honours (GPA = 3.5+) from
a recognized university at time of enrollment and submit a CV and research
proposal as part of the application. For more information please visit:
https://www.ub.edu.bz/download/mphil-application/

*We encourage interested students to contact potential advisors now for
January enrollment!*

Dr. Anna Weiss (aweiss at ub.edu.bz) – paleontology, reef ecology, geology (or
visit:
http://annamweiss.weebly.com/news-and-blog/looking-for-masters-students)

Dr. Arlenie Rogers (arogers at ub.edu.bz) – invertebrate biology, ecology &
reproduction, sea cucumber aquaculture

Dr. Leandra Cho-Ricketts (lricketts at ub.edu.bz) – coral reef ecology &
restoration, fisheries, marine protected areas­­

Cheers,
Anna
--
*Anna M. Weiss, Ph.D.*
Climate Resilience Fellow, University of Belize Environmental Research