[Coral-List] Worthing, Barbados

Angie abrathwaite at blue-finance.org
Mon Aug 5 15:27:20 UTC 2019

According to Dr. Risk…Barbados is "…..an island which could be characterized as an outhouse built on a karst outcrop”. That´s pretty uncharitable. I´m trying as a Barbadian not to be offended and as a scientist to stick to facts so I have to add that we have two sewage treatment plants, one primary servicing the south and slated to be upgraded to tertiary and the other secondary, servicing the Capital. An increasing number of householders are choosing septic tanks over the traditional suck wells and our nearshore water quality (which is monitored twice monthly) is not the sewer one would expect given that analogy.

Angelique Brathwaite