[Coral-List] Maui island, Hawaii fights to continue releasing nutrients on reefs

Phillip Dustan phil.dustan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 22:12:38 UTC 2019

Gee, Maybe some of that 160+ million could be spent on something useful?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <

> Speaking of nutrients on reefs,
>
> Maui is taking this clean water fight all the way- some say too far
>

> https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/08/maui-is-taking-this-clean-water-legal-fight-all-the-way-some-say-too-far/
>

> Surely it is because they don't want to spend the money to clean it up.
> Hawaii has no excuse in my opinion, it is a rich part of a rich country.
>
> Cheers,  Doug
>
> --
> Douglas Fenner
> Ocean Associates, Inc. Contractor
> NOAA Fisheries Service
> Pacific Islands Regional Office
> Honolulu
> and:
> Consultant
> PO Box 7390
> Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA
>
> A call to climate action  (Science editorial)
>
> https://science.sciencemag.org/content/364/6443/807?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2019-05-30&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2840296
>
> New book "The Uninhabitable Earth"  First sentence: "It is much, much worse
> than you think."
> Read first (short) chapter open access:
>
> https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/read-a-chapter-from-the-uninhabitable-earth-a-dire-warning-on-climate-change
>
> Want a Green New Deal?  Here's a better one.
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/want-a-green-new-deal-heres-a-better-one/2019/02/24/2d7e491c-36d2-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.a3fc8337cbf8

Phillip Dustan PhD
Charleston SC  29424
843-953-8086 office
843-224-3321 (mobile)

"When we try to pick out anything by itself
we find that it is bound fast by a thousand invisible cords
that cannot be broken, to everything in the universe. "
*                                         John Muir 1869*

*Bali Coral Bleaching 2016 video*

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOfLTnPSUo
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOfLTnPSUo>*
TEDx Charleston on saving coral reefs