[Coral-List] American Elasmobranch Diversity scholarship- applications due Friday!

David Shiffman david.shiffman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:13:01 UTC 2019

Hello, everyone! The American Elasmobranch Society, the world's largest and
oldest professional society dedicated to research and management of sharks
and their relatives, is still taking applications for the 5th year of our
Young Professional Recruitment Fund diversity scholarship. Applications are
due Friday, December 6th, so if you're interested in applying, please get
them in quickly.

This scholarship aims to increase the diversity of our society by actively
recruiting early career professionals and students from historically
underrepresented backgrounds. Scholarship recipients will receive one year
of society membership, as well as specialized mentorship, networking, and
professional development training.

For details on eligibility and a link to the (brief) application, please
see this link:
http://elasmo.org/blog/applications-now-open-2020-yprf-diversity-scholarship

Please share with interested prospective applicants, and please let me know
if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

--

*David Shiffman, Ph.D. *
Marine Conservation Biologist, Scientific and Environmental Consultant, and

*e: *david.shiffman at gmail.com | *t: *@WhySharksMatter
<http://twitter.com/#!/WhySharksMatter> |
*b: *Southern Fried Science Blog <http://www.southernfriedscience.com/> |
*cv:*