[Coral-List] JOB: Assistant/Associate Professor in Fisheries Management
sergey_dobretsov at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 05:31:57 UTC 2019
The College of Agricultural andMarine Sciences at Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of theSultanate of Oman, provides a wide variety of undergraduate and graduateprograms, research and extension activities. All instruction is in English andan earned PhD is a minimum requirement for academic appointments. TheUniversity is located near the capital area and close to excellentinternational schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from anattractive tax-free base salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, freemedical care, including a hospital and family clinic on campus, excellent recreationalfacilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up totwo children, 60 days annual leave with return air tickets and rolling two andthree-year contracts. General information about the University and the Collegeis available on the university’s Homepage http://www.squ.edu.om. The College has a vacancyfor academic staff in the Department of Marine Science and Fisheries https://www.squ.edu.om/agr/Departments/Marine-Science-and-Fisheriesfor the academic year 2019/2020.
The Department of Marine Science and Fisheries isseeking a candidate to teach and conduct applied research in the field offisheries management. Experience in teaching and research in fisheriesmanagement (stock assessment, fisheries socio-economics, fisheries policy andsustainability) would be a distinct advantage. The appointee would be expectedto do research, provide community service and teach as well as develop coursesrelated to Fisheries Management and other areas related to his/her expertise atundergraduate and postgraduate levels.
• Develop andteach courses in Fisheries Management and other areas related to his/herexpertise including introductory and advanced courses.
• Supervise undergraduate andpost-graduate students.
· Develop a research program inFisheries Management and other areas related to his/her expertise. Thecandidate is expected to work as part of an inter-disciplinary research teamand to conduct joint research in his/her field nationally and internationally.
• Provide community service to thegeneral public and the official institutions through public presentations,field demonstrations, technical training, extension and workshops.
• Ph.D. inFisheries or related field, from a reputable university.
• An establishedrecord of successful grant applications and peer-reviewed research publicationsin fisheries management such as stock assessment, fisheries socio-economics,fisheries policy and sustainability.
• Significant experience in teaching,particularly developing courses and supervising students.
Interested candidates are requested to:
A. Submit an application packageincluding:
1. Cover letter with a statement ofinterest,
2. Detailed curriculum vitae with thelist of publications, and
3. Names andaddresses of three referees.
To: Dr. WenrestiGallardo
Head, Departmentof Marine Science and Fisheries
Phone: (+ 968)2414 3750, Fax: (+ 968) 2441 3418,
Email:msfsqu at gmail.com; Cc to: cams at squ.edu.om
B. Fillin a brief CV at https://goo.gl/forms/iGrrE0FZ69TQ1hVc2
Position willremain open until filled, but applications received before 28th of February 2019will receive priority consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make anappointment in any particular case.
More information about the Coral-List