[Coral-List] Stinging cell classification

Russell Kelley BYOGUIDES russell at byoguides.com
Mon Jul 1 06:23:25 UTC 2019

Coral Listerers!

Have been looking at developing some infographics on stinging cell discharge and would like to use hard corals as the example. However most of the examples / literature I can find reference jellyfish / anemones / non scleractinians.

Am hoping someone can point me in the right direction re: a good summary paper on the classification / structure of cnidoblasts / stinging cells generally so I can sort out how they differ between the main cnidarian groups. Alternatively, a good publication with examples of scleractinian cnidoblasts.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

Russell Kelley

Recipient 2017 Australian Coral Reef Society Medal for Science Advocacy

Author: Reef Finder - the world’s first searchable underwater ID smart guide
Author: Indo Pacific Coral Finder - the world’s first searchable ID guide to corals

www.byoguides.com <http://www.byoguides.com/>
www.russellkelley.info <http://www.russellkelley.info/>

Int. + 61 (0) 419 716730 mob.

ABN 66208215206
GMT + 10 hours
Email: russell at byoguides.com
Skype: wireruss

Program Director
Coral Identification Capacity Building Program

Adjunct Senior Lecturer
College of Science and Engineering
James Cook University