[Coral-List] drone used to photograph reefs

David Blakeway fathom5marineresearch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:49:05 UTC 2019

Doug,
Yes it is expensive, but NASA's ultimate aim is to map other planets. In
that context it's better value.
It may not solve any immediate reef problem but it has a lot of potential
to reveal unknown patterns/problems.
So personally, if I were a US citizen, I think I'd be happy for my tax
dollars to support projects like this.
I do appreciate your points about alternative spending, and Alessio's about
cost-effective options.
Regards,
David Blakeway
Fathom 5 Marine Research

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 10:48 PM Alessio Rovere via Coral-List <