[Coral-List] Coral List topics and length

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 20:44:22 UTC 2019

Agreed, good post.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 1:27 AM Bill Allison via Coral-List <

> Hear hear.
>
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM Steve Mussman via Coral-List <
> coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> wrote:
>
> > Dear John,
> >
> > All this is easily remedied via the delete button. The moderators do a
> > great job as it is.
> > As far as discussing religion and politics on list, it is likely that we
> > have all been schooled in the associated social improprieties, however
> from
> > time to time these topics do have a way of entering into polite public
> > discourse. The most recent post on list that appears to relate to your
> > concerns was artfully presented, pertinent and certainly thought
> provoking.
> > It was a bit lengthy, but then again no one here was required to take the
> > time to consider all its tenets. As for climate change,I agree that
> enough
> > is enough, so let’s do something about it!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Steve Mussman
> >
> > Sent from my iPad
> >
> > > On Jul 4, 2019, at 10:52 AM, John Ware via Coral-List <
> > coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear List,
> > >
> > > The following is copied from Coral List website:
> > >
> > > *The purpose of the Coral-List listserver is to provide a forum for
> > Internet discussions and announcements pertaining to coral reef ecosystem
> > research, conservation, and education.*
> > >
> > > This is followed by a list of appropriate subjects.  While there are no
> > restrictions, I do not see religion or politics on the list.
> > >
> > > Also, I seem to recall that, a few years ago, there was a suggestion
> > that contributions to the list were becoming too long and perhaps
> > contributors should consider limiting their inputs to 200 words or so.
> > >
> > > Am I the only one who is tired of seeing the same 4 or 5 people writing
> > to each other on topics that do not seem to fall into the purpose of the
> > list and are way, way, way too long??
> > >
> > > I know that the Coral List is not restricted in topics and/or length
> and
> > I know climate change affects reefs, but, in my opinion, enough is
> enough!!
> > >
> > > John
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > John R. Ware, PhD
> > > President
> > > SeaServices, LLC
> > > 302 N. Mule Deer Pt.
> > > Payson, AZ 85541, USA
> > > 928 478-6358
> > > jware at erols.com
> > > http://www.seaservices.org
> > >
> > >  Become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies
> > >  http://www.coralreefs.org

Douglas Fenner
Ocean Associates, Inc. Contractor
NOAA Fisheries Service
Pacific Islands Regional Office
Honolulu
and:
Consultant
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

A call to climate action  (Science editorial)
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/364/6443/807?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2019-05-30&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2840296

New book "The Uninhabitable Earth"  First sentence: "It is much, much worse
than you think."
Read first (short) chapter open access:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/read-a-chapter-from-the-uninhabitable-earth-a-dire-warning-on-climate-change

Want a Green New Deal?  Here's a better one.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/want-a-green-new-deal-heres-a-better-one/2019/02/24/2d7e491c-36d2-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.a3fc8337cbf8