[Coral-List] Crowdfunding for artificial reefs - Fish-Hives

Kathryn Ellen Whittey kewhittey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 10:56:07 UTC 2019

Dear Coral Listers,

I have designed an artificial reef structure called Fish-Hives which I am
trialing in Tobago Caribbean. Fish Hives are a simple and affordable which
if successful could be reproduced by local conservation groups such as NGOs
with minimum funds. As a proof of concept my team and I have built 12 hives
out in Tobago and are asking for any size donation to help cover the cost
of the labour time, building materials and transportation of the hives to
the reef.

There is just over 34 hours left on the kickstarter crowdfunding page for
Fish-Hives! We are only at 35% so please share the link to any groups that
you think might be interested in donating.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fish-hives/can-fish-hives-replace-lost-coral-in-the-caribbean

No profits will be made from this project, all funds will cover the
construction and deployment as stated above.

Thanks for your time,

Kath Whittey

--

PhD Student/Ymchwilwraig PhD

School of Biosciences / Ysgol y Biowyddorau
Organisms and Environment Division / Adran Organebau ac Amgylchedd
Sir Martin Evans Building / Adeilad Syr Martin Evans
Cardiff / Caerdydd
CF10 3AX