[Coral-List] Deputy Superintendent position at the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary opening

Jennifer Koss - NOAA Federal jennifer.koss at noaa.gov
Fri Jul 19 18:48:17 UTC 2019

The Deputy Superintendent position at the Florida Keys National Marine
Sanctuary has posted and will open Monday, July 22 through Monday, August
5.

Please share widely:

The* MAP and DE* announcements for one *Supervisory Assistant Sanctuary
Superintendent, ZA-0301-4* position have been posted. The announcements
will open for *14 days*; they are set to open on* 7/22/2019 *and close on
* 8/5//2019.*

*Job Announcement # (MAP): * *NOS-ONMS-2019-0008 *

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540069800

*Job Announcement # (DE/CR):* *NOS-ONMS-2019-0009*

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540069900
Duties
Summary

This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office of National
Marine Sanctuaries (ONMS) with one vacancy in Key West, Florida.

This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-ONMS-2019-0009,
which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both
announcements if you want to be considered for both.

Learn more about this agency
<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540069800#agency-modal-trigger>
Responsibilities

As a Supervisory Assistant Sanctuary Superintendent, you will perform the
following duties:

   - Develop, plan, and implement vessel, diving and facilities operations
   and activities for the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary (FKNMS) in
   support of the Office of National Marine Sanctuaries) ONMS mission to
   protect treasured places in the ocean.
   - Effectively manage daily sanctuary operations tasks, including
   critical administrative functions such as office, government vehicles, IT
   support, and property.
   - Support the sanctuary Superintendent in the deputy role and provide
   supervision for sanctuaries staff.
   - Manage the site annual budget and operating plan and support the
   efficient administration of the FKNMS to ensure consistent and reliable
   administrative services for management and staff to carry out planned
   activities.
   - Evaluate and track progress in management plan implementation and
   participate in key policy initiatives.

--

*"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it
is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."*

*~ John F. Kennedy*

*Jennifer L. Koss*

*Director, NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program*

*NOS/OCM/Corals - 10410*

*1305 East-West Highway*

*Silver Spring, MD 20910*

*240.338.2161 (cell)*