[Coral-List] cooperation and the tragedy of the commons

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Sun Jul 21 21:11:25 UTC 2019

Doug:

Yeah, but fishes in a lagoon are harder to count than cows in a common
grazing area. On a tangent, I spent a lot of times researching Harding's
various iterations of his "Tragedy" articles. I'm in northern Maine right
now and just back on the grid, so I can't provide the citation. However,
the treatise on which the "Commons" articles was originally based dealt
with population and argued that only the rich elite in Europe should be
allowed to reproduce. So much for social justice.

Dennis

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM Douglas Fenner via Coral-List <