[Coral-List] cooperation and the tragedy of the commons

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 00:03:40 UTC 2019

You are probably not miss-remembering, but I know little about economics.
However, in recent times economic valuations often include "non-use"
values, which for reefs can sometimes be more than the use values.  People
value just knowing some things exist, even if they are unlikely to make use
of it.  If the survey covers enough people, then the non-use value can be
quite large even if the amount per person is quite small.  Someone please
correct me if I have this wrong.
Cheers,  Doug