[Coral-List] looking for coral resilience videos

spalumbi spalumbi at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 9 03:24:37 UTC 2019

Hi all, a group of us has been working with the US National Academy of Sciences on a second report on tools to increase coral reef resistance to and persistence during climate change. That report is due to be launched June 12 in DC. But along the way, it turns out I’ve run into a number of us who’re already working hard on this and have made short videos it.

For instance, one we did on the Strong Corals Initiative is at https://vimeo.com/259609055 <https://vimeo.com/259609055>.

I’d like to celebrate the NAS report by highlighting efforts around the world to help coral reefs through the gauntlet of ocean warming. So, if you have produced something a video on coral reef preservation/growth/intervention/etc in the face of climate change- hopefully a few minutes in length at most - send me a link. I’ll compile them and pass them along via the list and twitter.

thx
Steve
Stephen Palumbi
Jane and Marshall Steel, Jr. Professor of Marine Biology
Stanford University
Hopkins Marine Station
microdocumentaries at http://microdocs.org