[Coral-List] carbon offsetting AND slowing down

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 14 19:38:18 UTC 2019

I have no problem with Gene’s post being allowed on list. To me it’s a first amendment issue. However, I do take issue with the fact that the post used an anonymous source to make a rather serious accusation about the veracity of the SST data analysis and projections compiled by NOAA - all without bothering to cite a reference to the data that the author claims refutes the warming trend. Such tactics should be condemned by all.
This egregious modus operandi is nothing new, but it certainly runs counter to the ideals generally adhered to throughout the scientific community. As for bullying, one has to be totally disconnected and/or somewhat confused not to realize that we are living in an era of unprecedented attacks on science and scientific integrity. The post in question clearly epitomizes this unfortunate state of affairs.

Steve Mussman