[Coral-List] reef symbiosis "open-access" articles not accessible Coral-List Digest, Vol 130, Issue 11

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 20:34:54 UTC 2019

Ah, good point!  Some time ago, Science magazine made the popular Science
Now series a pay only program.  It is a nominal fee, but a fee none the
less.  I subscribe because I find all sorts of interesting articles.  I
just forgot that although it is open to me as a subscriber, it is not
open-access.  Apologies.  Unfortunately, I don't know a way to get them
open-access.  But it is quite inexpensive compared to normal articles.
 Cheers, Doug

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 1:14 AM Abigail Moore via Coral-List <

>  Dear Doug
> thank you for posting links to these interesting-looking articles.
> However, contrary to the indications in your email, they do NOT appear to
> be open access.
> If you have links which would actually enable access to the articles for
> those of us without private or institutional subscriptions, that would be
> great...
> All the best
> Abigail
>
>   Abigail M MoorePhD Candidate in Fisheries ScienceUniversitas
> HasanuddinMakassar, Indonesia
>

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 08:50:03 -1100
> From: Douglas Fenner <douglasfennertassi at gmail.com>
> To: coral list <coral-list at coral.aoml.noaa.gov>
> Subject: [Coral-List] reef symbiosis: algae, bacteria, chemical
>     deterrent,    sea slug
>
> A marine chemical defense partnership
>

> https://science.sciencemag.org/content/364/6445/1034?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2019-06-13&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2859375
>

> open-access
>
>  A microbial factory for defensive kahalalides in a tripartite marine
> symbiosis
>

> https://science.sciencemag.org/content/364/6445/eaaw6732?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2019-06-13&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2859375
>

> open-access.
>
> Cheers, Doug
>
> --
> Douglas Fenner
> Ocean Associates, Inc. Contractor
> NOAA Fisheries Service
> Pacific Islands Regional Office
> Honolulu
> and:
> Consultant
> PO Box 7390
> Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

Douglas Fenner
Ocean Associates, Inc. Contractor
NOAA Fisheries Service
Pacific Islands Regional Office
Honolulu
and:
Consultant
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA

A call to climate action  (Science editorial)
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/364/6443/807?utm_campaign=toc_sci-mag_2019-05-30&et_rid=17045989&et_cid=2840296

New book "The Uninhabitable Earth"  First sentence: "It is much, much worse
than you think."
Read first (short) chapter open access:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/arts/read-a-chapter-from-the-uninhabitable-earth-a-dire-warning-on-climate-change

Want a Green New Deal?  Here's a better one.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/want-a-green-new-deal-heres-a-better-one/2019/02/24/2d7e491c-36d2-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.a3fc8337cbf8