[Coral-List] Mineral Accretion/ Biorock

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Fri Jun 21 18:59:39 UTC 2019

Thanks Allicia:

When you say "stabilize rubble fields" what are you referring to? It sounds
like you are advocating using the electrifying technique because it is a
q1uick option while other, more stable fixes can be put in place. I would
argue that the rate I have seen calcification with this method is not
"fast" in  the sense needed for post-storm disruption (the structures that
I have seen are far from structurally durable). Also, because the
precipitate is unstable in sea water, you will need to have something in
place before you turn off the power.
Dennis