[Coral-List] Advice on fragment stabilization

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:51:51 UTC 2019

Isabella,
Our team at Nature Seychelles developed a very effective coral fragment and coral colony cementing technique while implementing a large scale coral reef restoration project in Seychelles, Indian Ocean.
We also upscaled the design of midwater ocean nurseries, so each rope nursery could hold up to 5,000 coral fragments.
The work was done using the limited resources you find in a Small Island Developing State (SIDS)

Our Toolkit on coral reef restoration is open access here
https://marxiv.org/8eua9/

Specifically for cementing corals, go to pages 44-46.

You can see an example of the coral cementing method in this video clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6LjXSWHU7Y

Contact me directly if you have any questions

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Science Blog: https://grouperluna.com/